Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2

Things are grey right now.  I have a dog who is not at all demonstrative which bothers me more than it should.


I have a dear friend in California who is having medical problems.  I am trying to figure out how to go see her while seeing her is still an option.


I also have a husband with medical issues for whom I cannot care.  We separated several years ago.  To the best of my knowledge, he has since stopped the behavior which was the reason for my leaving.  However, he has since joined an outlaw motorcycle club.


This is a huge issue to me.  I cannot be around this kind of crap.


Meanwhile, he has stage 5 kidney disease and will soon begin dialysis, which requires minor surgery and then a month of almost constant dialysis (in home) before it becomes something that must just be done every night.


I cannot be there.  I have so many times over the years given in, given up, just plain given to him.  I cannot be there.


So, I will, as next of kin, go to his doctor's appointments with him.  I will go to dialysis training with him.  I will be there for his surgery.


So will his "friend" who will be in my house taking care of him.


I feel like Eeyore and the Saggy Baggy Elephant had a child and I am it.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blue. What you are dealing with now is NOT easy, and having it in your house makes it worse.

Molly obviously has issues still. It's hard to know what you're getting when you adopt a dog with a past and you don't know how they will react in any given situation until you've had it for a long time. You and Molly are still kind of new. Who knows what she might have experienced in the past when someone was crying? That might have been the precursor to something bad for her - no way to know. Give her time - lots of it.

Just know that there are lots of people out there who are praying you get through this and come out sunnier on the other side.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords