Saturday, June 14, 2014

Homeless but not hopeless

It has been an eventful week.  I have not found a place to rent yet.  I did figure out that, based on fuel mileage and the price of gasoline, that I can spend $200 a month more than I had planned on if I just don't have to move 25 miles away.

The hunt continues.

In the meantime, a very old and dear of friend of mine died.  He was also Dad to one of my best friends.  The memorial service was this past week and I was fortunate enough to be able to attend.  It was a good service for a good man.  I will write a more fitting tribute for him later.

Today, I just want to do some basic housekeeping and not forget to post.

I got paid so all of my current bills are paid.  I still have some back bills to catch up but that will come.  I got my hotspot replaced so now I will have internet wherever I am and not be dependent on the library, gracious though they may be.

I rediscovered audio books to make my drive a little more productive and enjoyable.

I am working my first night shift and I was right.  I do like nights.

I loved arriving at my new town on a Friday evening and seeing Main Street lined with cars near the movie theater.  Yep, we still have a main street walk-in movie theater.  Given the option to close it or update it, they (the powers that be) decided to update.  We have a Main Street walk-in Imax theater.

I had some of the best Thai food that I have eaten in recent memory in the little bitty town of Friona, population 4, 123.  The curried beef with pineapple was WONDERFUL!

We made it through Friday the 13th with a full moon and it is now June the 14th.  Happy Flag Day, y'all!





No comments:

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords